Monday, September 29, 2014

Train is the Theme of the Week

This fall I have decided to give every week of practice a theme. For our first week, our theme is train. The girls are in training to become champions and retraining themselves to be used to after school softball again.

This year I hired a coach who is a former softball player, but specializes in strength and conditioning. Chelsea is awesome, and really knows her stuff when it comes to building the right muscles to be fast. Our goal this fall is to speed train and get all the girls at least a step faster to first base. Between Chelsea for overall strength, Melanie for hitting, and me for defense, our team is going to be the most well prepared team in the area. I am so excited!

The girls were enthusiastic today at training and I think their favorite part is their new warm up. It gets them stretched and warm and ready to run. They were a little surprised at first but the exercises they were doing to warm up were exactly targeting the muscles they need. Melanie and I couldn't stop smiling because they looked so athletic. 

Great first day and I am already looking forward to Wednesday's practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment