Hard to believe it has been 10 years since I graduated from Mercy, but today was my high school reunion. The reunion was in San Francisco at El Techo, a cool rooftop bar over looking the city. About 20 girls came for bunch and it really was nice to see everyone. Not all of us hung out together in high school, but none of that mattered today and I think we were all happy to see that everyone is doing well, happy, and still the same Mercy girls at heart.
There is something special about going to an all girl's high school, especially Mercy. We are all proud to be part of the community and still feel apart of it. When I was deciding to go or not, my deciding factor was that I couldn't imagine myself NOT going and always thought about what it would be like while I was a Mercy student. It is funny because Facebook kind of eliminates the need to have class reunions because I know what everyone is up to, but today I realized that seeing people in person and actually talking to them really doesn't compare to watching their lives through photos and comments. I am going to make an effort to stay in touch with my friends. I was reminded today of how important they are to me.Special thanks to Syd for coming with me today. Everyone's significant others that I met today made sense and fit together and I think my high school friends would agree that Syd is perfect for me.

I love this post!
ReplyDelete