Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bowling Birthday

Today RR had a birthday party with her friends at the Sea Bowl in Pacifica. I think a bowling birthday is a right of passage for kids who grow up on the coast side. RR had a really fun time and her friends enjoyed celebrating with her too.

RR with the Bowling Pin
 I am usually in charge of decorating RR's birthday cakes. It is a stressful job for me because once I have a vision I want it to come out perfectly, and sometimes the birthday girl and I have conflicting ideas about what the cake should look like. Luckily, this year we both wanted to create a bowling lane with a mix of different frostings. Everyone was happy with the outcome too. One of my best cakes, I would say.

The Birthday Table
 After an hour of bowling, the girls had a pizza lunch and played pin the stripe on the bowling pin (instead of pin the tale on the donkey).
Happy 8th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment