It has been a long week...
When I got home from the gym tonight, I closed my car door and locked it. The indoor lights didn't turn off indicating that one of the doors was still open. I slammed every door, played with the lights, and then tried the lock again to no avail. Hmmm. One last slam and then my door wouldn't close at all. AH!! It hit the hinge and then bounced open with so much force it almost hit me. Sweet life. Plus, it is pitch black (no thanks to daylight savings time) in my driveway, so I can't even see the possible culprit of my annoyance.
I called my dad for help, because he is an expert at solving my long distance problems. He told me to poke around here and there, and then I discovered that the entire side panel of my driver side door is misaligned and the lock doesn't even work manually anymore. I found some holes in the side of my door and tried to feel around for some levers or something, but I ended up with black greasy fingers instead of a solution. I tried to push the thing back together as much as I could and I gave the door one last slam.
LUCKILY it closed! But, the lights in my car are still turned on. So now, every time I drive my car I have to hook and unhook the battery. I feel like I am hot wiring my own car and then stealing it as I climb in through the passenger side door. It is quite the scene, but I can't risk the driver door breaking completely and not being able to drive to work tomorrow.
The best part of this story is the irony of it all. I am driving home tomorrow afternoon because I have a sparkling new Jeep sitting in the driveway in HMB. Perfect timing for my car to stop working. Now we just have to hope my softball mobile makes it up the 5 one more time.
I'll keep you posted. If you don't hear from me by midnight tomorrow come rescue me on the highway.
No comments:
Post a Comment