Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Fam
A bit of a quiet Thanksgiving this year in HMB. We just had the 4 of us for dinner and as usual, Dad made a feast. Think this was the best turkey my dad has ever made. Good job, Dad!

After dinner with my family, I went over to the Koerper's for the annual family gathering. I hadn't seen Katie, Kristin, or Matt since? I want to say last Easter. Their house was full of people, 3 dogs, and all kinds of food. We had 8 different desserts. Between the two meals today I am beyond stuffed. The gym is calling my name.

Katie, Matt, and Kristin, My Oldest Friends
I was thinking about what I am thankful for today and I felt kind of embarrassed that I am thankful for the stereotypical stuff and I couldn't come up with a witty Facebook status. But actually I have decided that it is nothing to be ashamed of. I really am thankful for my family. They take care of me and love me unconditionally. I'm grateful for my friends who are all over the world and who help me make my life more interesting. And, every year Thanksgiving always reminds me to be thankful and appreciative of my health. This is my second year being cancer free. I am so glad I can say this with pride and have a yearly reminder how important it is to stay health conscious.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope you had a wonderful holiday filled with family, friends, and food. I definitely did.

No comments:

Post a Comment