Friday, November 25, 2011

Cake Pops

RR got a cake pop pan for her birthday and as an activity we tested it out with a chocolate cake mix. The pan works great but the stressful part (for me) was the decorations. Getting them to stand up right after putting the frosting on was challenging. K helped come up with the idea of the rack and cutting board combination.

The true face of a focused baker...
I really do like crafting and baking projects, but I tend to be a perfectionist so projects like these cause some duress for me. I usually am a little over ambitious, but today I tried to keep it as simple as possible with only frosting and sprinkles, no crazy designs or themes.



Final product
They came out well for our first attempt. RR was happy. They aren't as pretty as I had hoped but it is always good to have something to aspire to.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun sister project! And a very creative gift -- kudos to the giver!!!

    ReplyDelete