V and I drove down the 5 yesterday and it was stop and go all the way. I am glad we came back yesterday though because today it is raining and the big story down here is the snow on the Grape Vine. No fun.
 |
| Ticklish Much? |
Anyway... V and I did a little shopping in Old Town Pasadena. We got pedicures at my favorite nail salon. The nice ladies always ask me if I want extra callus removal and I usually say no because my feet are really ticklish. Vanessa on the other hand said yes, and as you can tell by this picture you can tell how it feels to have a rough sponge scratch the $@#% out of your feet!
We had lunch at CPK and then went down to the Rose Bowl. Pasadena is in full swing getting ready for the parade and bowl game. I had no idea but the Rose Bowl has an entire Fan Fest with food, and pavilions, volunteers, and Rose Bowl merchandise. Total and pleasant surprise, because it helped me explain the Rose Parade to Vanessa and now she has an idea of what to expect.
 |
| Volunteers Placing Rice |
The pavilions were packed with people decorating the floats. They were gluing, others were cutting the tops off the flowers, and some were using tweezers to put individual grains of rice or seeds on the float. I really want to help decorate, but you have to sign up way in advance or be apart of a group that sponsors a float. Now I know the correct procedures and I will be sure to follow them next year.
 |
| Finishing the Flag |
 |
| Trader Joe's Float |
All the flowers smelled amazing, even in the rain. I have watched the parade for so many years on TV but I really didn't have any idea how much work goes into building a float and putting on the parade.
I am excited to see the parade in action. I liked the Trader Joe's float the best so it will be cool to see the finished product. I bought a Rose Parade shirt and now I have something to wear on the 1st.
No comments:
Post a Comment