Sabrina and I were driving in South Pasadena today and I saw a flock of parrots flying from one of the trees in the neighborhood. At first I figured someone lost their pet, but then I saw about 20 of them. I thought it was a big deal and was "OMGing" but Sabrina wasn't fazed by it. She said that a couple years ago a pet store caught on fire and they let all the birds out because they couldn't carry the cages fast enough. The birds have totally flourished in the area and now there are tons living in the trees. I just never noticed them before. I guess the ecosystem here has taken a hit too because a few of the native species of birds aren't around anymore. The parrots don't have any predators.Interesting, huh? You learn something new about your town everyday.
cool, just like SF! did you see the parrot documentary? I think you will like it...
ReplyDelete