Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

My family had a very nice indoor Christmas today. We woke up at 7:15 to open presents because Toby and RR couldn't wait any longer. I think Ryan woke up every 2 hours last night because she was so excited. I know because she was sleeping on my lower bunk... (I can't blame her though, I remember waking up at 5:30 on many Christmas mornings.)

We opened a plethora of gifts. The highlights were an electronic horse for RR, a train set of Toby, dad got a helicopter, and Grandma Audrey got a new iPad amongst many other exiting gifts. I was very excited to open a large box and find a manikin head in it with long hair for braiding! I have always joked about wanted a head of hair to practice my French braid ideas because I can't do them on myself and I am so pleased to finally have one. Yay! The braiding possibilities are endless.
RR's horse and my head of hair

I picked up my friend Vanessa at the airport this afternoon and we came home to Christmas dinner. V is in town for the next 10 days and I have been looking forward to her visit since last summer. She brought with her a 10lb bag of chocolate (my favorite Swiss kind!) and a precious dirndl dress for RR. Toby also got a soccer ball from Germany with the famous Munich soccer team's symbol. So nice, thank you V!
German Gifts

After dinner Grandfather schooled us in Apples to Apples. None of us could believe how good it was at collecting green cards.

Family Game Night
Wonderful day with my family and friends. Hope my readers had nice holiday too. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment