
Around 2AM this morning there were tons of helicopters flying around our neighborhood, and then again when the sun came up. Very unusual in HMB because it is a quiet town. Turns out a boat washed up on the beach less than a mile from our house. I heard on the news that the crew of the crab boat fell asleep and then boat drifted too close to the waves. Everyone was ok but now we have a huge boat on our beach. Not sure what they are going to do with it.
Dad and I walked out to the bluffs to check it out. The section of the beach was blocked off and it looked like a lot of stuff from the boat had also washed ashore. I was surprised there weren't more people coming to look at it. I guess a boat isn't as exciting as a gray whale!
Now the Coast Guard is around to make sure it doesn't tip over and spill the fuel. The last thing we need is another oil spill on our hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment