Sunday, October 7, 2012

Alumni Game Rained Out

A little dodger ball. Alumni team in the foreground. 
Such a bummer that it rained this morning and we couldn't play the TUSB Alumni Game! The morning was wet, but by 11am, I think we could have squeezed in a few innings. Instead, Coach had the Alumni play the current team in a game of dodge ball. Kind of disappointing considering I was really ready to strike some 18-year-olds out, but we made the best of it. I had my game day hair and purple zebra print ribbon going and everything.

I played for a few minutes but then decided to talk to Margie, the associate athletics director who I was close to my senior year in college. We caught up about PAWS (the student athlete organization that I was the president of) and turns out her first teaching job was just up the street from IH in North Hollywood. I also talked to JJ the strength coach who is easy going and we enjoyed laughing at the girls when they got hit with the dodge balls.

Streets and Chrissy
After the "game" Coach took all of the alums out to Batmen's the local sports bar. Food and drinks were on her and all the girls were going to town. There were about 20 alumni total, which is a great turnout for the day. I was happy to catch up with Chrissy, Streets, Shannon, and Steph (the list goes on and on). Most of my friends are still in grad school or they have their first jobs out in the real world. No real surprises in terms of careers, but most haven't picked up a softball or a bat in ages. I think that is bizarre since that is totally my life, but to each their own.



Steph and Shannon
Successful weekend here in MD. I had a good time and saw everyone and everything I was hoping to see, but not going to lie, I am starting to miss home. No school tomorrow and I fly back to LA in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment