 |
| Kristen and I |
Hi from Las Vegas. Kristen and her friend Jeremy picked me up last night at the airport and we went straight to the strip. We randomly decided to zip line over Fremont Street, something I had never done before.
 |
| Ready |
They strapped us into the harnesses and it was pretty funny because they chained my purple purse so it was hanging off of me. This purse has been through a lot!
 |
| The Platform |
We then we jump off a 5 story building and slid all the way down under the big canopy of lights. Kristen and I were so busy talking and catching up that I didn't really have time to feel nervous or think about how high we were. When we were coming in for a landing, I realized they didn't explain how to stop. We slammed into these padded barriers and then the workers tried to grab us and we dangled over Las Vegas. I wish we had it on video.
I am staying with Kristen and her family at there house over looking the Las Vegas strip and valley. I haven't been here since 2006 so it is nice to come for a short visit this weekend. Kristen is doing great, living in Arizona and doing music therapy. We used to be college roommates and I love how we can go for a long time without seeing each other and then just pick up where we left off.
 |
| View before we jumped |
Not sure what we are going to do today, but I am hoping it has something to do with a buffet and wearing fancy clothes. I have never been to Vegas of age, so this should be interesting. Stories for sure... or maybe not. They do say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
No comments:
Post a Comment