Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Golf Auction

Looking through the golf equipment
Today I went with Manny and Maureen to the CIF Southern Section office for a golf auction. It was kind of random, but an organization donated a ton of golf equipment to the CIF to be given to athletes in need. They called it an auction, but actually it was more like a lottery because everything was free and we were given a number for when it was our turn to look over the items. My job was to schmooze with the people in charge of the event and tell them how appreciative of the equipment we were while Manny checked out the gear. I met two very nice people and they said that next year they were going to make sure to have more women's equipment available in the action after telling them about our new team.

There were about 30 people at the action total and we came out well. We got two complete women's sets of clubs, 5 gently used golf bags, quite a few random drivers, and two huge bags of balls. I also grabbed a kid's set of clubs that are really short and adorable for Brett's daughter Kaida. They were free, so why not?

After the auction I was inspired so I went to the driving range. I missed golf! I hadn't played since before my trip to MD because I was busy getting ready for the alumni game. Now I am going to try to get back into it.

Fun day and successful day golf wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment