I took a new Hip Hop dance class at 24 Hour Fitness in Pasadena. I had no clue what to expect, but I figured it would be a fun way to make a fool out of myself.
The teacher was a great dancer and we learned a routine to one of Kevin Little's songs. I stood in the front row and smiled, even though I was new to the class. Picking up the choreography was hard at times, but I tried hard. I think I can do it after an hour of practicing, but the song is really fast so I would need to rehearse a few more times to feel comfortable saying I was good at it. At first I was worried the Hip Hop class wouldn't be a good workout, but the teacher did a little marathon of non stop moves for the last 10 minutes of class and that was the best cardio of the night.
I'll definitely go back. I need to work on my attitude though. Hip Hop is nothing like ballet that is light and airy. The key is to sit in your hips (something my ballet teacher always scolded us for), and "hit" moves instead of performing with grace.
My plan is to practice alone in my apartment when no one is watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment