Saturday, July 20, 2013

German Meal

Every time Syd and I had a good meal in Europe we always said "Sabrina and Erin would love this!" When we in Germany, we especially thought our foodie friends would be in heaven so as a fun first night back Syd decided to cook all his favorite German dishes.

Turns out there is a German butcher shop run by a nice family close to Pasadena and the grandmother in the shop got really excited when Syd asked for brawtworst, schnitzel, and ham hocks. He also brought home sauerkraut, red cabbage, and spatzel. 

The food took about 4 hours to cool and roast and our apartment smelled like the Hofbrauhouse. All the good was Bavarian, except for the curry worst and that is from Berlin. 

Syd cooked an amazing meal and everyone was happy. Sabrina and Erin really want to go to Munich with us next time. I think I see Oktoberfest in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment