Thursday, July 11, 2013

Milan


Find Claire
Hello from Milan. It is a solid 35 degrees (hot!) and sticky. We walked around a little bit this afternoon and saw Milan's main attraction, the Duomo. The Duomo is surrounded by a shopping area that is swarming with people. 










I guess it makes sense there are so many shoppers because Milan is considered the current fashion capital of the world, but when stores are selling 300euro bottles of water, it seems a little over the top.

FYI, the bottle of water is from "Beverly Hills" but was actually bottled in Tennessee. It must be liquid gold.







I don't like to food blog, but really, the story of the day is about our dinner. Another Lonely Planet recommendation sent us to Cantina di Manuela and suggested the florentina, which is T-bone steak big enough for two people. The waiter brought out the biggest piece of meat I have ever seen. He cut is off the bone and it was “perfectly rare.” I am more of a medium-well girl, myself, but I was brave and tried it. The steak was delicious and I now understand what it means to have meat melt in your mouth. After we finished, Syd did the math and converted the hectograms (hectograms?!) into ounces and we had just stuffed ourselves with 47 ounces of steak. That’s Vegas big.

Officially not eating tomorrow and I am excited to see what other awesome things we find in Milan.


No comments:

Post a Comment