
Today was a our last day in Nice and we have really enjoyed our stay. A little relaxation was exactly what we needed after touring so many countries and cities. In every place we went to we spent long days seeing everything the city had to offer, but in Nice, we pretty much only saw the beach and a couple restaurants downtown. However, we did walk by the church in Nice which is called Notre Dame.
A couple good stories from today:
| See My Goggle Marks |
2. At Castle, our favorite beach club, they have chairs lined up in rows with umbrellas. The rows have a kind of carpet laid down on the rocks to make it more comfortable for walking. Syd and I were sitting in the second row and there were some northern European women sunbathing topless directly in front of us. The thing about topless
sunbathers is that you have to pretend it is totally normal, and you are ok with it, but on the inside you are screaming "I am not mature enough for this!"
So... As I was walking along the isle to our chairs this afternoon, I wasn't really paying attention, and I tripped and fell on top of a sleeping topless women! Her friend saw the whole thing and was laughing, but I scared the !&@% out of the women I fell on. I tried to get up really quickly and was apologizing profusely in English, French, anything I could think of. Finally I just smiled, said "I tripped" awkwardly. I didn't mean to completely violate that women's personal space!
Syd was swimming and he didn't see the incident, but when I told him about it all he said was "nice clove" (Claire move).
I think I am about ready for some good old American fully clothed sunbathing.
This made me smile out loud!
ReplyDelete