Monday, July 15, 2013

Snorkeling

Snorkeling Rocks
I got a little more ambitious snorkeling with Syd today because the beach we went to was in a cool cove. There were a lot of rocks near the cliffs and we swam out to the point to explore. At first we saw schools of sardines and some other little fish swimming around, but when we got closer to the rocks, the fish became more impressive. Nothing as colorful or exotic as in Hawaii, but I saw a few brightly colored parrot fish.

See how clear the water is?





Today was another beautiful day in Nice, but I forgot how tiring swimming is! The funniest thing about snorkeling for me is that my goggles are so tight that they are hard to pull off after wearing them for awhile. Syd pointed out that I had goggle marks on my face for about an hour after swimming. Everyone at the beach must have though I was a weirdo. Ha.







Moule Frites
This evening we ate dinner in the town Square and Syd had Moule Frites, a French/Nice specialty. They give you a pot with a kilo of mussels that seems bottomless. There must have been over 60 mussels to pick apart. I was brave and tried one but I decided that my pasta was more my speed.

Let's see what Nice brings tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment