Sunday, June 16, 2013

Around Paris

Today is the tour group's last day in Paris so we gave the girls a free afternoon to do what they wanted in the city. Sofia and I are so happy to have an hour to ourselves! Naturally, blogging is the first thing that comes to mind for me. We got home at 1AM last night after going up the Eiffel Tower and again I was too tired to think after a long day.


 The Musee D'Orsay is in a cool old train station. I had been there before and saw most of the impressionist paintings, but this time I got to enjoy the cool architecture. They don't allow photos in the museum but I was able to sneak these while no one was looking.

The big clock on the outside of the building is actually a window and has a beautiful view from the 5th floor over looking the city. In the distance you can see Montmart.
Last night we had an appointment to go up to the sop of the Eiffel Tower at sunset. The girls were really excited to see the view. It was a perfect clear night, but because it was clear, it was super windy. Sofia and I were freezing!!

Remember when I had the mural of the Paris skyline in my apartment? This is the opposite view of the city from the Eiffel Tower. I thought that was pretty cool. We couldn't have timed our visit up to the top better because by the time we came down, it was 11pm and time for the light show. I think that was a major highlight of the trip for the girls.

We have one last dinner together tonight before we say good bye to the group. It has been a crazy week but I am incredibly grateful for the experience. I love to travel, and my travels have really shaped who I am as an adult so I enjoyed sharing that with another generation. All of them are saying they can't wait to come back to Europe to explore on their own, so I think this trip has been more than successful.


3 comments:

  1. You are all so fortunate ~ great post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about your adventures -- thanks for taking us along! PS Cold and foggy in HMB today, but we're heading to the San Mateo County Fair to see the pig races.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday you and I will have to go to Morocco.

    ReplyDelete