Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Graduation

There are many traditions I love at my job, but the graduation ceremony is my favorite. It is held at the Hollywood Bowl and it is the most beautiful and unique graduation I have ever been to. It is very formal with all the graduates wearing long white gowns and holding 18 red roses.

Cleaned up and ready to graduate
Last night I got to the ceremony a little bit early because I wanted to make sure to take pictures with the softball girls. They looked so beautiful and grown up and much different than they usually do on the softball field. It was fun watching them in the audience because I have enjoyed being apart of their lives for the past four years.








Syd and I 
The faculty and staff gets to sit in the front rows at the Hollywood Bowl, which is pretty cool because the boxes we were sitting in would usually be thousands of dollars at a concert. The bowl has so much seating that everyone is welcome to come to the event and there is plenty of space.

Both graduation speakers were excellent and I the ceremony was beautiful as ever. While sitting in the audience you can feel the amount of pride beaming up from the chairs, myself included, for this group of special young women.  It is a great community and the Hollywood Bowl is the perfect place to celebrate.








Congratulations Class of 2013! You will be missed.




No comments:

Post a Comment