| Pregame Chat |
| Kimmy Hitting |
The core of the team is still the same as three years ago when I played, which makes it fun to cheer the team on. There are a couple new girls, including one 16 year old who used to play baseball. I remember coaching her in the Swiss Academy when she was 13. Kimmy has grown into a excellent ballplayer who is fun to watch. She starts a first base and has an amazing glove. I saw her pick some throws out of the dirt today that were pretty amazing. She is also a fearless batter who either hits leadoff or second. I think in a couple years she will be the best player in Switzerland. Her mother is an American and said the Kimmy is interested in going to the US next year to work on her English skills and she would also love to play softball. I gave her my email address and maybe I can put her in contact with a school or coach... or who knows, maybe I will have a team for her.
In my movie Dear Devils I said the once you are a Devil, you are always a Devil and I especially felt that today. I haven't played for three years, but I can still come to the field and feel like I'm part of the team. Syd got to feel that way too.
No comments:
Post a Comment