Tuesday, June 25, 2013

C, V, and S Do Munich

This morning Syd and I walked through the major cathedrals in Munich. We saw the big cathedral that the city is known for (can't remember the name, oops) and St. Michael's. Both are in the city center and are equally old. I think I liked St. Michael's more because the art in the other one was super dark and kind of creepy.
St. Michael's

The statue of St. Michael killing the Devil in front of the church is impressive.

Munich Cathedral
This is the coffin of Louis the IV. He is buried in the big cathedral in Munich.

S and I met up with Vanessa around noon and we had more German meat for lunch. It rained while we were in the restaurant, but it cleared up just in time for us to visit the Olympic Park.My Olympic history class in college always inspires me to visit the Olympic sites. They were setting up for the XGames so the stadium was a bit of a mess. We could only see the ramps and jumps up on the hill and we weren't allowed in to the grand stadium.


The three of us went back to V's house in the evening to see Olivia and Rudi. Olivia is so grown up from the last time I saw her. I guess that makes sense because it was a year ago, but it was fun to see her as a little person who walks around instead of a baby. She is super adorable and we had fun reading her favorite books.
O and S
Another fun day in Munich. Castles tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment