Monday, June 17, 2013

Bon Voyage

In the pouring out of control rain we took the girls to the airport this morning. There was over 30 pieces of luggage to move on a off the bus and the driver was very French and so inconvenienced by the whole thing he didn't help. Good morning to you too, Sir. We laughed about it the entire drive to the airport.

I am so happy to have Sydney here in Paris. Sofia thought it would be a good idea to goo the love bridge, which I though was cheesy, but in the end I am happy we did. The love bridge is covered in locks that couples buy and then put on the fence. It is tradition to throw the keys into the Seine river, so we jumped on the band wagon a left a little bit of our love in Paris. Our lock says S+C 2013. I hope to come back and be able to find it one day.

We also visited the catacombs which are totally bizarre. After going down a deep spiral staircase, there are dark and damp halls with bones stacked shoulder hight. It seems like the people who moved the bones had a bit of a morbid sense of humor, and to amuse their boredom  they arranged the skulls in different designs. We saw both hearts and crosses.

My question was, where are all the ribs, hands, and feet? I saw a ton of femurs. Maybe they are in a different pile that isn't open to the public.

Paris has treated me well again, however I have come down with a bit of a cold after the tour left. I think having the stress of traveling in a group finally relieved is hitting me. Resting today because it is off to visit friends in Switzerland tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Read mysteries and rest - love this post as always, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too cute im so happy for you!!!! i wish i was with you!

    ReplyDelete