Monday, June 24, 2013

Made it to Munich

Lake Konstanz
Syd and I said goodbye to Nadja at the train station and headed to Munich. It was about a four hour train ride through the Swiss and German countryside.













Vanessa met us at our hotel and then we had lunch at the Hofbrauhaus. Syd was pleased with his beer and I ordered the schnitzel, which is my favorite. It was a Monday afternoon so the place wasn't as lively as usual, but we still enjoyed the music and the environment. I think we heard more English and German.








We walked around Munich a little bit, but unfortunately the weather isn't great. In the English Gardens we found a little coffee shop to hang out in and avoid the rain for a about an hour. Once it dried out we watched a couple of the Munich surfers in the river. The water must have been freezing today and some weren't wearing boots.

I am excited to have the rest of the week to catch up with Vanessa. Bring on the adventures of C and V.

1 comment:

  1. river surfing ~ who knew? It is raining here too.
    Glad you are having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete